Community Foundation for South Central NY
Horn Research has completed three projects for CFSCNY over the years. An initial Regional Needs Assessment mined secondary data and available reports coupled with qualitative feedback from stakeholders to identify key needs and gaps, priorities, and recommendations for funding strategies.
A second project explored the feasibility of implementing an Employer Resource Network in a health car setting.
In 2019, Horn Research conducted a follow-up study to the initial needs assessment focused on the region’s challenges with looming leadership gaps and issues related to diversity, inclusion and equity.
Health Services Advisory Group
Horn Research has worked with HSAG for several years on their External Quality Review of New Hampshire’s Medicaid program. We conduct bi-annual qualitative studies by interviewing New Hampshire Medicaid beneficiaries.
Horn Research also assisted HSAG on a study examining the prior authorization process in New Hampshire Medicaid and analyzed qualitative data for a study of infant mortality in Ohio.
Washington Univ. School of Medicine
Horn Research conducted a child and dependent care survey of the faculty of the Washington University School of Medicine.
The report included several recommendations for improving access to both child and dependent care.
Child Development Council of Tompkins County
Horn Research has assisted the Child Development Council of Tompkins and Cortland County in conducting their child care needs assessment in 2014 and 2016 including survey development, data analysis, and reporting.
In 2017, Horn Research conducted an extensive assessment of child nutrition in Tompkins County for the Park Foundation. The project included an comprehensive evaluation of the resources, needs, and gaps and included surveys of children and parents, qualitative interviews and focus groups with stakeholders, school staff, students, and parents. The results of the projects continue to be used to inform policy and funding decisions. Additionally, we worked with Park to develop a monitoring and evaluation plan for programs funded as a result of the study.
Chenango County NY
In 2019, Horn Research assisted the Chenango County Public Health Department and Chenango Memorial Hospital to conduct their Community Health Assessment. The project included collecting & analyzing healthcare data; collaborating with community partners; identifying Prevention Agenda priorities and health disparities; coordinating and conducting focus groups and key stakeholder interviews around the priorities and disparities; writing the full Community Health Assessment document and Community Health Improvement Plan.
State of Vermont
In 2013, Horn Research conducted a qualitative evaluation of the PACE Vermont program for the Agency for Human Services which included interviews with state and federal staff, former PACE staff and contractors, community stakeholders, and former clients and family members.
From 2016-2017, Horn Research conducted an evaluation of Vermont’s FirstSchool Pilot project which included analysis of various program data sources and qualitative information from site visits and trainings.
- Tompkins County Minimum Wage/Living Wage Study, Tompkins County Workers’ Center
- Salary & Benefits Survey 2003-2019, Human Services Coalition of Tompkins County
- Hunger & Food Insecurity in Tompkins County, United Way of Tompkins County
- COMPASS II and COMPASS II-2.0 – Asset and Needs Assessment of Tompkins County, United Way of Tompkins County & Human Services Coalition of Tompkins County
- Increased Coordination and Accessibility for Anti-Poverty Services, Catholic Charities of Tompkins and Tioga Counties
- Evaluation of US Medical Assistance Program, Americares, Inc. (Finch Network)
- Medicaid/Medicare Dually Eligible Focus Groups, Vermont Agency for Human Services (Finch Network)
- Healthy Neighborhoods Initiative, City Harvest (Finch Network)
- Melrose Mobile Market Evaluation, City Harvest (Finch Network)